Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This isn't ALLLL bad

Going to a new school I've been given the opportunity to meet a lot of people who share this unfortunate tragedy with me. Although it may not be from cancer it is still a lost parent. Just because it wasn't cancer doesn't make it any easier.
I'm fortunate enough to play basketball with two of them. One of them, her dad passed two years ago from a heart attack. And the other girl, her mom is battling cancer right now. I've surprisingly related more to the one whose dad has died.
She's challenged me with thinking about a lot of things, and getting myself to remember how i dealt with the passing of my mom. It's almost joyful to bring back memories of my mom, because I don't remember any pain. She asked me if i ever feel like I'm forgetting who my mother was, which really made me think. I am forgetting, her voice her appearance, all those little things. As I've continually said, i will NEVER FORGET THE LOVE SHE HAS FOR ME because it will remain in my heart forever.

Sydney <3

No comments:

Post a Comment