Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Remembering Holly

My mother wasn't just a fighter, she was a ROCK! Although in 2002 she lost her battle, she put up the most incredible fight i've seen someone give. I didn't just see a mom our of her, I saw a role model, I saw a best friend. I was only seven when I watched my mom fight. She never gave up, the memories of her make me a fighter everyday of my life. Although, the struggles in my life don't even compare to what she went through. We all have people in our lives who do things we will never forget. The one thing ill never forget is her desire to please Christ. She could have given up on everything, she fought day by day & with Christ on her side she fought the best battle i've seen. 2 Timothy 4:7 says, "I've fought the good fight, I've ran the race, I've kept the faith."  Although at age seven a relationship with Christ didn't matter to me, looking back I remember a woman who not only loved Christ, but she lived for him. To this day, I don't know any one more inspiring, more loving, more caring, more devoted then her. She was a fighter, and although it was her time to be with Christ. I know that i'll see her face to face one more time. Meeting my mom for the second time will be the most familiar thing, because the love she has for Darby, Nate, Kelly and I will NEVER leave our hearts. It keeps me going each day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUNpT89nvHU

No comments:

Post a Comment